Firstly, yes, Reproductive Endocrinologist and Infertility Specialists (RE&I) are THE authorities when it comes to the management of RPL. That is not to say others may help, but it is our responsibility, like any sub-specialist- to manage this disorder. The reason most folks are confused is that they are getting pregnant but not delivering and most folks believe RE&I are doctors that get you pregnant… NO! We are doctors that create one healthy baby, not simply pregnancy. Be that as it may… what can you think about doing that will help you reduce your risks for RPL:
Of course, find out why you are having these repeated miscarriages… usually a chromosomal workup, hormonal and immunologic workup, followed by structural testing of the inside of your uterus. Men, your sperm parameters can play a huge role in causing miscarriages as does social habits of smoking, marijuana, etc.
So what should you actually do?
- Reduce active/passive exposure to toxins: alcohol, tobacco, street drugs, men(hot tubs)
- Lead/mercury, arsenic, cadmium, radiation exposure
- Endocrine disruptors: BPA (plastic s), xenohormones, pesticides, Phthalates (plasticizers)
- Organic solvents… watch acetone and acrylics (nail polish)
- Add CoQ10
- Add Methyl tetrahydrate foliate (methylated folic acid)
- Progesterone supplementation… right time, right dose – ask your RE&I
- TENDER LOVING CARE
- Frequent contact with RN at RE&I office
- Support home and family
- All reduce miscarriage rates, really
- Acupuncture and Chinese herbs… se a Fellow in the American Society of Oriental Medicine (ABORM.org)
- Prayer/// why not?